
Easter weekend has come and gone....Morgan's first! In typical Morgan fashion, she slept through some of it, ate for part of it, and hung out in her bouncy chair or with her parents for the rest. No, we didn't dye eggs or go on a hunt, but we have plans to do both of those things next Easter when our little one is more able to appreciate such efforts. She is spending more and more time awake, especially after her feedings during the day! And anytime between 10-12 pm when her daddy is trying to put her to sleep. =) She's holding her head up on her own more and has the biggest blue eyes when awake!
This last weekend was also the semi-annual General Conference for the LDS church. There are multiple sessions both Saturday and Sunday where church leaders teach and the amazing Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings. An archive of the talks can be found on the website www.lds.org. There were some good lessons - Chadwick says of the sessions, "I personally enjoyed Gregory Schwitzer's talk in the last Sunday sessio
n on judging others. Dieter F. Uchdorf's talk in Priesthood on patience. I put the allegory of patience compared to the diamond. Jeffery R. Holland's talk on Saturday evening on controlling temptation. I especially enjoyed his quotes, "the only control in life is self control" "A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step, So, watch your step!", and "Let will be your reason". Lastly I enjoyed Bednar's talk on Saturday, President Monson's talk on Sunday and Hale's talk on Sunday all of which referred to spontaneously bearing testimony in the home."As for me, I got quite a bit out of Julie B. Beck's talk on personal revelation, M. Russell Ballard's discussion of attributes of being a mother - it's a great responsibility I have to nurture and care for this little bundle we've been blessed to have!! I also enjoyed James B. Martino's talk on how our happiness and success is determined by how we respond to our trials and adversities.
We are looking forward to a visit from my mom and step-dad this weekend - Mom and I have shopping plans and of course they came to cuddle and spoil their granddaughter.....seeing us is just a perk of the visit. =)
3 comments:
Sounds like a cozy and enlightening Easter weekend. Thanks for including Nana in your Easter celebration. Nancy
Yes, it's so funny how suddenly they say "we are coming to see Morgan, or the kids" and you are really just an appendage to such. It's wonderful, watching parents turn into grandparents is so delightful!
She is getting so pretty
Post a Comment