Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hodge Podge

I need about 4 more hours each day to accomplish the things that I either ought to get done or want to get done. But I'm not willing to give up sleep for this....so I'm stuck with the hours in the day given me. My old band mom, June, is one of those amazing women who need only 4 hours of sleep and have endless amounts of energy, optimism, and spirit. In high school, it used to make me tired. Now I just wonder what vitamins she takes in the morning!
A few things. We planted a garden. And it's growing!! We had to put up a little white fence around the raised bed to prevent the dog from making giant tracks in the middle of our growing little plants. We have a whole row of corn (right), carrots, bush beans, tomatoes, peppers (hot and sweet), and beets.

The bottom left picture is one of the bush bean plants. It was super anxious to sprout; it's buddies are barely poking their leaves through the soil and this guy is rearing to grow!
Darwin continues to make us laugh. He's the epitome of un-grace. For example, when he scratches his ear with a hind foot, he's lucky if he actually hits the ear every other scratch. The rest of the time is spent scratching behind, in front, the eye, his mouth...and the scratching session usually ends with his foot in his mouth, chewing. Such a dork!!
One of the women in our old neighborhood is an amazing seamstress. She is the mother of one of Chadwick's good friends and was kind enough to make Morgan a little ballerina outfit. It just now fits, and below are some pictures. There is beading along the collar and both wrists and a letter "M" on the chest. She's adorable! When I put it on the other night, Grandpa Steve said, "What is that?? Where is my little cowgirl?"She had her 4 month check-up at the pediatrician yesterday, with vaccines.





She is now 24" and weighs in at 13.6#. Growing like a weed and still the prettiest baby ever. =)

4 comments:

Steve and Nancy said...

You have alot of wonderful things growing at your house - big puppy, corn, beans and a baby. I'd say you are accomplishing alot! Nancy

Maryland Madness said...

Wow. your kid is cute. Looks like you are having fun with the new place. Talk to you soon.
phil

Bournes said...

Haha. I came on here to comment and noticed that Phil already has...guess you're just going to have to live with TWO comments from the Bournes. That ballerina outfit looks a lot like something Debra would make!? She is such a cutie! Can't wait to meet the girl this summer :)

DecorousDiva said...

I see a lot of David in her. Too cute!