Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Changes


In the last two weeks, Morgan has blossomed. She's confidently rolling all over the living room (depicted here, the first photo is where I laid her, the second is where I found her).









She loves her oatmeal and rice cereals, though she's not sure she's fond of sweet potatoes. She is starting to drink from a sippy cup and loves to hold the handles herself. Anything within grabbing distance is fair game. And in the last few days she's started sitting up on her own! She still turfs over backwards when she gets excited, but she's doing super well on the other three sides. Each of her stages amazes me, and I'm continuously surprised at how quickly she tries and then masters things.

Several weeks ago the three of us drove to Belgrade, MT (near Bozeman) to visit a vet school classmate who is working with his dad at a mixed animal practice there. On the way up we had dinner with a vet friend working in Dillon, MT. The weekend was one of fly fishing, and Nick and Chadwick did as much as they could! The fish weren't biting tons, but they had a good time getting out for a while. We went for a hike Sunday morning - boy am I out of shape! Luckily, Chadwick carried Morgan or I would have died.
She promptly fell asleep.

The animals are doing great, though I caught Darwin playing with a rock in his mouth the other night....we'll see where this leads us. Never a dull moment here!

2 comments:

Tara H said...

I LOVE the 2 pictures you took of where you left her and where she was - so cute!!

Beth said...

She is darling!