Four long years of information overload, long hours studying, cramming for tests, celebrating each semester passed, and pushing through the sleep deprived days of fourth year has the effect of bonding you with your classmates in veterinary school....for better or worse. Even though we studied with different groups, Chadwick and I were fortunate to have created lasting friendships with those whom he studied with - the boys of "Team Genuis" - Todd, Ryan, Milo, Nick, and Chadwick. I'm happy to report that the girls and I had no such nickname. =) And just to note, there were sever
al other people who became part of our "family" who were not part of that study group. They are no less important to us!
In June, we were able to plan a little reunion at Milo's house in Grover, WY. There was a veterinary conference in Jackson Hole and the Andrus family was kind enough, and able to, invite all of us to stay at their house for some playing and learning. Nick was not able to attend, but Todd, Ryan, Chadwick, and I were able to go along with our families. Here are the stats: - 5 veterinary students
- 3 non-veterinary spouses
- 4 families
- 1 house
- 8 little girls under the age of 5
It was determined that they should change their name to "Team Gene X." Next time we're making t-shirts......
On the way home, Chadwick and I couldn't help but be grateful for the amazing people in our circle of friends, how their friendship strengthens us, and how dull life would be without these individuals. Yes, we live in three different states and 2 different countries (Todd and Hanna are in Canada), but that doesn't matter! And I love that about this particular group.
3 comments:
What a beautiful setting for a wonderful reunion. Nancy
It was so fun! Maybe I'll get around to downloading my pictures now that we are finally home for a while. :)
So fun! Sad we missed it!!
Post a Comment