Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Where, Oh Where?

Where has the time gone??

I have a good idea - lost in the daily grind of keeping up with a three-year-old, caring for a blossoming and now-mobile nine-month-old, laundry, new church calling in the Primary Presidency (seriously, two hour meetings each week plus lesson prep), cleaning, reading books, pushing swings, running, cooking, sleeping, and did I mention cleaning? Oh, plus the occasional half day as a veterinarian and blood draws for our canine blood bank. =)

Since the last posting, here are some of the highlights and I'll add photos at the end for those of you who just want the visual re-cap since March:
  • Re-started training for my half marathon. Turns out I can't build miles very quickly without getting either sick or injured....bonus that Mallorie is finally sleeping through the night!
  • Mallorie and I met my mom in Phoenix for a few days while I attended a veterinary conference. Tons of fun for Mom and Mallorie and I got the chance to play student again and catch up with an old high school classmate. Wished we could have stayed longer!
  • Easter fun! Morgan loved the egg hunt with her cousins, Mallorie did not enjoy her bite of mashed potato. For the dinner, we brought the biggest bowl of mashed potatoes I've ever beheld! And no, we did not consume them all.
  • New adventure - Mallorie's cone shaped head (gift from the birthing process) was not resolving as quickly as we had hoped with conservative therapy. Thus the decision to place her in a cranial molding helmet. After the first two days, she doesn't mind at all! I, however, missing snuggling her little head and don't enjoy getting my collar bone grated every time she wants to bury into my shoulder. In a few weeks, they will check progress and see how much longer she needs to wear it. I should do a separate posting on things learned from this experience.
  • Morgan started a tumbling class and loves it! Forward rolls, jumps on multiple tramps, balance beam walks, and bars. It's been neat to watch her confidence increase in her abilities to do things as well as be comfortable in a new environment with difference people.
  • An awesome visit from my Mom and Mark! Hiking, book reading, playing, eating, and laughing. To end the visit, our huge willow tree in the back yard blew over and with the help of Mark and Steve, we got the yard cleared and tree off the house. Blessing - only one shingle was mildly displaced on the roof and now our yard appears to much bigger! Plus we have a space for the trampoline that my friend offered us. =)
  • Finally, a Memorial weekend of moving 13,000 pounds of rock from the driveway to landscape the dirt under the remaining trees in the back. Chadwick designed, ordered, and hauled the rock to create a beautiful space! We also have a firepit for s'mores!! The weekend ended with a family bbq at our place. Love my in-laws!
There are, of course, funny anecdotes from daily life that I can't find time to document. Morgan is becoming quite stubborn, loves to show off her jumping/coloring/singing skills, and is so beautiful! She helps me to be a better mom. Mallorie is inch-worming her way all over the house and is rocking her older sister's world as she reaches into her toy baskets, chews coloring books, and steals stuffed animals. A very content little person, she is starting to pull up on the furniture. That girl has a set of lungs which she uses to express opinions and sing.

Chadwick started a new job with Intermountain Pet Hospital at the beginning of March and after the usual period of transition, has settled in and is loving his job. He has a fantastic team of people who help him complete his work and a clinic that is very well-run. We moved our blood bank there in April and has proved to be a good move for our little business.











 
And of course, Darwin continues to keep us entertained. No comment from Cleo. =)

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh how I miss you! What a good re-cap. I loved the pic of Mallorie with her hat over the helmet. Her smile is darling! Morgan is looking so grown up, I can't believe it has been so long since we have seen you all!

Steve and Nancy said...

Great post, Julie. I love your new back yard!