I started a Word document of phrases, sayings, and thoughts from Morgan - kids really do say the darndest things! My memory is terrible and I wanted to preserve some of the sweet and funny things she has said since learning to talk. A similar document will be shortly created for Mallorie.
Mid-October, Chadwick, the girls, and I made a trip home to Albuquerque (post on that to come soon) for the annual hot air balloon fiesta and a visit with my family. Several weeks after our return while driving in the car, Morgan said, "Mom? Are there two suns?" Mind you, we had not been talking about the sun, Grandma Cindy or traveling. "No, why do you ask?" I replied. She proceeded to think out loud and wonder why the sun could be seen from Boise and from Grandma Cindy's house in New Mexico. And at the same time! After recovering from the shock of what I deemed to be a rather big thought from my little person, I explained to the best of my ability the fact that the sun is so large and so far away that it can be seen in both places at the same time. I don't think she quite grasped the concept but I could tell by her face that she continued to ponder the thought for a few minutes after our exchange.
Two weeks ago while sitting at lunch, she asked if I knew where our names lived. "Names? Like Morgan or Mom?" I clarified. Uh, I have no idea and told her so. "Where do you think they live?" I asked in return. With a sweet smile on her face, she gently placed her hand over her heart.
Times like this teach me that when I take a moment to ask what she thinks, I learn a lesson. A sweet moment for me.
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
kids usually have it closer to the truth than we give them credit they just don't always have all of the detail. However, your kids are a little more insightful than most if I do say so myself and I'm not the least bit biased. Love those girls.
Post a Comment