Monday, August 4, 2014

She's Four....Four Months Ago

It just occurred to me that Morgan's birthday post got lost in the craziness of moving and life in the new house. That was February, and this is August. Better late than never?

Our oldest daughter is such a blessing in our lives. She challenges me every day with her energy, brains, and more recently, attitude. Morgan loves to color, draw, and create amazing patterns with her perler beads. She enjoys listening to books - a new favorite is "The Little Engine That Could" - pretends to be different animals every few weeks, and entertains herself so well. When the raspberries were growing in our yard, she liked to go out and pick berries. She adores helping whenever possible. And for the most part, she also enjoys being a big sister. ABCs come easily for her these days, and if I tell her which letter to write, she can create sentences. Counting is a bit more difficult, and the numbers 16 and 17 are still mostly missing from the sequence. She tells people her birthdate on a first meeting, is looking forward to preschool starting in the fall, and has her first introduction to the world of soccer in a few weeks.
My Little Ponies has been and continues to be a favorite toy around our house, and for her birthday, Morgan wanted a pony birthday. Done! I couldn't figure out how to make a horse cake, so instead I made a flower cake. It was a blast to create it; I'm quite proud of being able to decorate a cute cake for my girls. I have a goal to make cakes as long as possible. And she told everyone about her pony party. It was adorable! Since Chad was working late the evening of her actual birthday, we had a birthday breakfast with her favorite, pancakes. The family party was on the weekend.






She pushes me to be a better person and I'm so grateful to be her mother. We love you, Morgan Magoo!!

No comments: