Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Mid-February

I'm blaming the lack of posting on the mid-winter doldrums - we all spend too much time inside and while the sun is finally shining, the temperatures are not exactly warm. We are going through our day-to-day activities with moments of brightness. I can't say there's much posting material these last few weeks.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm listing a few of my "loves."

I love hearing the sound of the children's laughter as they play together while I make dinner. I love finding a splatter of pink hearts on the table next to a Valentine's card from my hubs. I love having the energy to go to the gym and come home for a productive afternoon around the house. Chadwick and I have gone on three dates together in the last few weeks which has been refreshing. I love Morgan's love of reading and learning. I love the warmth of a cat on my feet at night on the bed. I love watching my husband watch our children do something goofy. I love morning snuggles with Mallorie by my side. I love spending time with good friends. I love that my shoulders are feeling better with the help of my physical therapist. I love noticing a small hunt of a bulge in my biceps when brushing my hair. I love the smell of a freshly cleaned bathroom. I love dark chocolate with a hint of sea salt. I love the way Spencer smiles and wrinkles his nose at me when he's being cantankerous.

There's a hint of warmth in the air and the daffodils are starting to peek through the dirt in the front planter. Spring is around the corner - except that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted six more weeks of winter - and I'm getting antsy to get outside and play in the dirt.

Maybe I'll get my camera out a little more as well.....

No comments: