Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Beebers

For several months, Spencer referred to himself as "Beeber," which was likely a cross between Spencer and Bubba. If you ask what his name is today, he will pat his chest and quietly say, "Pencer." Melts my heart every time. However, we have frequently started calling him Beebers.

In a recent display of interest in potty training, the little man has gone potty several times in the froggy training toilet sitting in the upstairs bathroom. I'm not holding my breath for him to be out of diapers in the next 6 months, but it was an exciting event the first time nonetheless. After doing his business, I gave him high five and proceeded to tell him how great it was, how he did a good job, etc. With a grin on his face, he replied, "I know, Mom." We marched downstairs for the post-potty-in-the-toilet M&M and I had to call my mom to tell her the news and his response.

Climbing out of his crib is the second trick he learned this week. To be honest, I'm shocked that it took him this long to perfect the technique, but I wasn't complaining. The other morning he was asking for me to come get him and as I was waking Morgan up for school, I didn't get there right away. Moments later, I heard his doorknob jiggling and I peeked around the corner in time to see his little body behind the door, wide smile plastered across his face. "I. Get. Out. Of My. Bed!!" He squealed. (note: I put the periods between words to illustrate his diction. It's rough and has pauses in between most words) The following morning he popped out of his room and immediately opened the door to his sisters' room and hollered, "Ger-rerils! Morning time!!"

He is such a character! As a friend noted over the weekend, his face is full of expression. The boy doesn't have to utter a word to get across any emotion running through his head. Mallorie is quite expressive in her eyebrows, as is Chadwick I think, but Spencer? It's all over his face. He's got a neat personality that keeps us laughing.

Oh, that boy.....

No comments: