Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Capturing the Moment

We hired a photographer from the area to document our vacation together, and it was one of the best decisions made for the trip. She did a great job - the location was wonderful (Chadwick and I actually went back at the end of the week to try some body surfing), the timing just right, and the sunset was the best we'd seen to that point. Three of the seven grandchildren were in no mood to stand, pose, and smile for the camera....we got some good ones anyway.
 My personal favorite was the shot of Mom and Mark with the grandchildren. Spencer and Colin were peeled off their respective mothers to be handed to a grandparent. Jace had a death-grip on David's hand, and I think he wound up crouching behind Mom's skirt to hold his son in place. Hence the funny position of Jace's right arm. Made me laugh! I loved the fact that it was real - our lives aren't always sunshine and roses and I'm learning that it's okay to capture that in the stillness of family photos. 

From oldest to youngest -
Me and family
 
 
 
 
 
David, Amanda, Kade, and Jace
 
 
Stuart and Laura
 
Sean, Beth, and Colin

I love how pictures can capture a moment and preserve it forever. The ones from this trip are no exception.

No comments: