I love the things kids say. I love the way they say the things they do. How they repeat what they hear with their own flair.
My favorite of the week was from Mallorie: her primary teachers gave her a card, basically welcoming her to their class and expressing gratitude that she's there with them. It was written in cursive, neatly worded and signed by both brethren. A sweet gesture! Especially since she's the only girl in the class and not particularly loving the fact. Well, the class was talking about the card at some point and Mallorie sweetly informed her teacher, "I don't think my mom can read cursive. She was born in Mexico." His wife is a friend and she texted me when he told her what Mallorie had said. I giggled about that for several days.
She has also been talking recently about where she's going to live when she grows up. For many months, she was going to live on a farm with all the dressings. However, things have changed and her future living spot will be in a "department." Today, questions revolved around what kind of animals you can have in such a place. And if she should live on the bottom or top floor.
Spencer has a couple things that crack me up. When asked to do something, and he's feeling amiable to assisting, he'll replay, "Yep. I can," then run off to do what was requested. The other thing that makes me laugh inside is when he has pooped and his bottom is sore. Instead of saying it hurts or is ouchy, he tells me that he's ready to change his bottom because it's "spicy."
His new favorite song is "You Are My Sunshine." However, since watching an episode of Care Bears from the library, he now calls it "funshine" (the bear with the sun on its belly). I like the new word better anyway.....
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment