Spencer has been potty training for the past few weeks. My mom was teasing me that he would be in kindergarten before getting the hang of it, but by mid-June he was doing really well and it's going great. He's still wearing diapers at night just in case, but hasn't wet one in a couple of weeks. Swedish fish and stickers are his favorite rewards and I've been pleasantly surprised by Morgan and Mallorie's willingness to help him with the process. He and I have had many, many discussions about who poops, who goes potty, and where. Anatomy is also coming into play as he's asking if "insert name of friend/family member" has pizzle parts or not. (I've mentioned pizzle parts, right? Comes from a sheep shearer's term for the penis. Saw it on a YouTube video when learning to shear sheep last spring.)
My favorite question, which I hear multiple times per day, "Mom? Do I have undies?" It's his way of saying that he needs to go to the bathroom. As he told me one evening, he doesn't have to run to the bathroom when he's wearing a diaper, only when he's wearing undies or a pull up. Well, he's also been seen running through the house hollering, "the potty is coming!"
My favorite part about potty training a boy? There's the option of going potty on a rock outside. When he fights me to head to the toilet, it always works when I offer the outdoor option. He hasn't figured out the whole ordeal yet, and takes off his undies and shorts to do his #1 business. Then I help him get dressed and we move on with the day. However, his father wasn't so impressed when he dropped trau the other night and urinated facing our friend's car....Scott thought it was hilarious and his two daughters weren't paying attending. No harm, no foul right? Chadwick asked that I help Spencer find more appropriate places for urination than in front of friends.
And then there was today. We were invited to swim at the Well's backyard pool along with the Wards and Scotts. Toward the end of our time, I hear giggles from the other moms and look up on the edge of the pool to see a naked Spencer with the biggest grin on his face. "Mom! I went poop in the grass!" he proudly informed me. Burying my face in my hands and trying not to laugh, I asked if he was serious. Yup. He showed me the little pile he left near the swing set. The other moms were in stitches and I'm good enough friends with them not to be embarrassed. The second thought out of my mouth was "don't tell Chad!" The first questions was to ask where the poop shovel was located. They have a dog and I knew there would be one somewhere, I just never thought I would need it for my son's stool.
Okay, we need to work on appropriate bathroom etiquette. But it was still funny!
Thursday, July 26, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment