Bop-bop was the name I gave my maternal grandfather when I was learning to talk....and it stuck. Chadwick, Morgan, and I flew home along with 2 of my 3 brothers to celebrate his 80th birthday last week. It was so much fun! Sunday night we had dinner at a restaurant with cake and celebrated again Monday night at Mom's house with yummy dinner and cupcakes. Mom was determined that there would be 80 candles lit for the occasion. So she made 20 cupcakes with 4 candles each. It was an impressive blaze and then a large amount of smoke. =) Mark's parents were also present for the festivities.
It was a great visit. David, Chadwick, Morgan and I accompanied Bop to the aquarium and to Wendy's for lunch on his birthday, which was a real treat since I can't remember a time going out with him and not Nana as well. Morgan was a hoot as always and enjoyed the extra attention provided by grand and great-grandparents.
Chadwick had to leave after 4 days but Morgan and I were able to stay for the rest of the week. We played, she took Nana's walker for many laps around the house, I ran in the park several times, we ate out more times than I care to count, she got a black eye on Coach's coffee table corner, and saw my dad on several occasions as well. Never a dull moment!

It was depressing to have to leave and come home, though I was glad to get back with Chadwick, Darwin, and Cleo. I walked in to find this little sign waiting for us!
Going down we decided not to purchase a ticket for Morgan since she can still ride on our laps for free....and we were exhausted by the time we arrived at the ABQ airport! She flew well, but she is a busy little body that was hard to contain in the small space allotted to us. I did buy her a seat for my solo-parent ride home and that was much easier!
1 comment:
Jules! It was so good to catch up on your blog. You do such a great job with it. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. It was really great to talk to you last week. Let's do that more often! love ya, hayley
Post a Comment