Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Yesterday was the start of my favorite season - Christmas. And as much as I enjoy the lights, music, and festivities, the fact that it starts soon after Halloween is a little disconcerting.



To celebrate, the three of us and Darwin joined Steve and Nancy, James and family, and Chadwick's cousin and family for a few days at the cabin up in Garden Valley (north of Boise). There was just enough snow on the ground and road to make for some wonderful sledding! In typical Thanksgiving tradition, we ate too much, saw the Macy's parade, went sledding, watched some football, played some games, put together a puzzle, watched some more football, ate a little more, and had a good time. The kids all got along really well and aside from a cut in Darwin's paw from chasing the sled, there were no accidents. Side note: Chadwick took the dog into the clinic this afternoon to sedate, clean, and place sutures in his wound. He's gonna be fine. =)

I am thankful for so many things, and I wish it were easier to remember to be grateful year round. One of the things I love about this time of year is the fact that many more people remember to be nice to one another and feel more charitable.

Here's to all of my family and friends, who make my life so much better in so many ways!!

No comments: