Monday, January 30, 2012

So Many Words

The last month plus has Morgan speaking in almost constant two-word thoughts. Daily, sometimes multiple times, I hear, "No, I do it!" She talks about her feelings ("Baby? Sad?"), describes what she sees outside, tells me she wants to color or dance or sing, has asked for pancakes for breakfast and to wear her Elmo shirt. Luckily, she is still not real picky about what she wears. I managed to find some rubber boots for her to play in the mud and help with Steve's horses, and she loves them! Until they were officially let outside, she would wear them all over the house. An example of her fashion statement:She gets lots of use out the tutu her uncle David sent for Christmas....




Two weeks ago we had the opportunity to drive to eastern Idaho to attend the Temple marriage and reception of a dear vet school friend, Todd. He lived with Chad and Milo one year of school and the boys have remained close friends. For a while, Todd was living in Caldwell and came over every Thursday night to play chess with Chadwick. He has since moved to Cardston, Alberta, Canada and met Ruby, his now wife. From what I am told, they make a good match. The drive over was wet but road conditions were good otherwise. It was fun to catch up with friends, meet a few new babies, and get out of town for a while. The newlyweds headed out to New Zealand for their honeymoon and should be back home about now, I think. The trip made me realize how thankful I am for good friends and friendships that have survived state and country boundaries. We don't all keep in close touch, but getting together is easy and we don't miss too many beats. I love that!



And I have to share this picture of Morgan and her froggy potty. I bought it several months ago but brought it out at the beginning of January. This is her first day with it, and she got the biggest kick out of the whole thing! She has not totally given up diapers, but each day she says a few times, "row row potty?" You should know that in our house, frogs say "row row!" with a guttural feel to the words. More of a growling, actually. I haven't been pushing the issue to hard and she's getting the idea. She gets an M&M after each successful urination. She always asks for a yellow M&M, though yesterday she didn't want yellow. "Circle?" she said. Yes, I had plenty of circular M&Ms! No prob.


Next challenge.....breaking the binky habit. Elmo has a great song about saying byebye to the binky I might have to find. And there is the trick of cutting a hole in the end so the suction is gone....wish us luck!

1 comment:

Jen said...

hey! mike was their roomie too ;) and jared sare who we musn't leave out...