Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Random Update

Happy belated Valentine's Day, President's Day....and leap year!

I don't have any specific stories for the blog today as Morgan does so many cute things each day it's hard to pick one or two. She's talking constantly and is quite the little parrot. Recently, she has started putting together 3 word sentances which is fun. I am now "Mama" instead of "Mommy" and the sweetest things I hear mutliple times per day are "Hi, Mama" or "Mama, look!" She still adores Cleo, has discovered the joys of hugging Darwin, and points out every trash truck, yellow bus, and plane she sees or hears. Last Saturday, Chadwick and her built planes from legos which she has been flying around the house, the car, and Albertson's store. There is always a fly that needs smacking (stemming from shooing flies last August outside), twirling to be done, and dancing to do, or carting around one of her stuffed animals. Last week I caught her with her stuffed cat in the bowl of dog water...I guess the kitty was thirsty. We had water everywhere! Morgan has also recognized when she passes gas, and thinks it's rather funny. "Toot?" she'll say and then laugh. "More toot?" while she makes a face. Not something I'm trying to encourage, especially at the dinner table, but it's so funny!
I'm working at the clinic more hours this week than usual while the other vet is at a conference in Las Vegas, and these weeks make me appreciate the blessing of being able to stay home more often than not. We're also getting ready for a visit from my mom and step-dad this weekend who are flying into town to celebrate Morgan's second birthday. Who'd have thought I would have a two year old!? We'll have dinner with family on Sunday and since Morgan loves M&M's, I'm making an M&M cake for her. And natrually, we will eat said dinner and cake on plates covered with Elmo.

Enjoy what is rest of this short month and I'll post pictures from her birthday next week. Oh, and the Hunt sign was made my my office manager at my old clinic in Caldwell. I had her design it for Chadwick for our anniversary last year. It's taken this long to get it hung outside the front door...but we love it!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Such a fun update....and I love the door sign..very cool! Miss you!