Sunday, July 1, 2012

Just Like New!

I find it amazing how much a home can change with a new coat of paint, couch covers, or new flooring. It's like a whole new house without the hassle of actually packing, moving, and unpacking! Earlier last month, we had the opportunity to update our side of the duplex with a new kitchen floor, countertops, and new flooring in the main part of the house. A huge thanks needs to go to my parents and step-grandparents for their monetary contributiont that allowed us to do so much in so little time!! And another big thanks to James, who basically installed our laminate for us in a few days....




We love the outcome, and Morgan keeps talking about "our new floors." I can't say that I miss the marigold countertops that lived in the kitchen. If I get nostalgic for the look, all I have to do is take a trip to the bathroom and I can get my "fix." The only one not thrilled with the change is Darwin, who can't get a good footing when he wants to spin out and go crazy running through the house. =) I haven't decided if laminate is more or less work than carpet; it sure doesn't hide the hair and dirt as nicely! But a friend noted that our living space seemed bigger to her, which is a bonus in a house our size. Ha!

Now it's like you all have been here to visit....

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love the updates to your home--they look great! Enjoy!