Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Post-Christmas Posting

With the addition of a second little person to my family, I find myself playing catch-up most of the time! Catch up on reading, blogging, cleaning, emails....is there an end??

We spent a busy, wonderful Christmas in Albuquerque with my family. My brother, Sean and his wife were there for the holiday as well and we were joined by the Alaskans on the 26th. They have a four month old boy we were excited to meet, Kade. It was a riot to see him next to my little Mallorie; Kade is currently 27 inches and 20 pounds...Mallorie is 25 inches and weighs in just over 14 pounds! It was great to be able to spend time with everyone, though we were missing my third brother, Stuart, who was unable to join us from Ohio.

On the 27th, we were fortunate to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary!! My mom planned for months to get us all together for a family picture (the last one we got was at their 50th anniversary...) and threw a lovely family party in their honor.

They have been through many happy and sad times in those sixty years and it's inspiring to celebrate milestones such as these, especially when I hear of so many marriages not lasting more than a few years. Poor Morgan had the biggest meltdown I've ever seen that afternoon, after the pictures, resulting from having several crazy busy days prior to the party. Chadwick had to head back to Boise that afternoon, and when I returned from the airport I found Mallorie having a similar episode! She's really starting being wary of people she doesn't know, and didn't like seeing my Mom's face when she woke up from her nap. Needless to say, everyone treaded lightly around her when she was waking from naps. =) The girls and I were able to stay with my parents for a total of two weeks which was wonderful. We ate, laughed, played, read stories, ate some more, saw a Broadway musical, and enjoyed the time together as a family. It was hard to leave.
My brother, David and his son Kade
It was a Hello Kitty Christmas this year, note the slippers
Kade, Morgan, Mallorie
My mom used to sit in this chair as a child
Four generations!
Since our return to Boise, we have been trying to stay warm! I don't think it's been above 25 degrees in like 2 weeks! However, the snow hasn't melted yet which is fun. Chadwick hooked Darwin up to the sled last weekend and he pulled Morgan all over the neighborhood. Might as well harness that energy for good use!! Steve gave us an old horse halter that might work as a harness...we're going to test it out this weekend sledding at the cabin.

Morgan continues to make me laugh and keep me on my toes. Mallorie refuses to get on a sleeping schedule at night but is a happy little person and loves her big sister. She laughs easily which melts my heart. I'm still trying to get used to having two kiddos at home full time. And Cleo is mad at the world for making it too cold to play outside.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love the picture of your sweet grandparents.
And the 4 generation one.
Wishing warmer weather to head your way.

Steve and Nancy said...

Your family is so precious - both your immediate one and the extended one in Albuquerque. I'm so glad you had that time in New Mexico. Nancy