I love this time of year - people remembering their blessings, eating too much food, baking and sharing treats with friends, getting together with family, snowmen, Christmas and all the fun that season brings.....today is house cleaning, tomorrow is decorating!!
My dad flew in from Albuquerque for a week to meet Mallorie and spend time with Morgan and the rest of us. He was gracious enough to sleep on the couch and claimed he slept well each night! I have been wanting to get Morgan a little play kitchen, and since my dad does best with a project and he's good with woodworking, he agreed to build her one for a Christmas present. We snagged the well-laid plans from Becky Graf's website and went to work! The final product turned out super cute; I just have to paint burners on the stove a throw a coat on the back. We got creative with the faucet, knobs, and handles. I'm really pleased with how it looks. Santa and family are helping with the accessories - food, dishes, and aprons. Whee!!
 |
| Abuelo, the carpenter |
 |
| The faucet handles turn! |
 |
| Morgan getting water to drink from the sink |
It was cloudy and rainy all week so we didn't go out much, but there was dancing, book reading, and cuddling with the baby. A good visit overall. For Thanksgiving, we went to my in-law's house for a FEAST! And of course there was chaos with lots of little people running around. After the meal the adults headed out for the corral to have a shooting contest with bows - I'm sad to report that Chadwick and I came in last. James and Jolynn, who own the bows, beat the socks off everyone except Steve. Jolynn promised Nathan that his arm wouldn't get drilled by the arrow, but he still came out of the activity with a huge bruise on his forearm! We lost one arrow in the wood but otherwise it was a success.
 |
| Uh, where'd it go?? |
And here are a few random photos...
 |
| Grandpa Steve and MJ |
 |
| Sleeping with Abuelo |
 |
| My sweet little M's! |
2 comments:
That kitchen is awesome. Wasn't he working on yours last time?
Fun photos from Thanksgiving. Nancy sent us one and I wondered who took it, but I think I know now.
Wow! That kitchen is SOOO AMAZING! You all look great, your girls are so very very cute!
Post a Comment