Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Valentine's Fun

Valentine's week was a busy one for us! Morgan helped me make sugar cookie dough Sunday afternoon and we made the cookies Monday for FHE - there was a ridiculous amount of flour utilized by our little helper, and when it was getting late I offered to finish rolling and cutting cookies another day. Chadwick looked at me like I was slightly crazy and replied that he'd rather not have to clean up the mess again. Good point. The cookies were amazing!
Wish I could say the same for the frosting...it didn't occur to me that cream cheese frosting would taste, well, like cream cheese. My friend Mandie asked, "Is there any other way to eat sugar cookies than with cream cheese frosting?" I sure hope so, because I don't like cream cheese! Now I'm on a quest to find a frosting recipe I like.....

Tuesday Morgan was invited to a party where there were TEN 3- and 4-year-olds at the house - they did a craft, ate a snack (heart shaped Jello), played, and exchanged Valentine's. A total success and I was exhausted watching all the energy. Kudos to Lisa for being willing to host such a party in her household!

Wednesday afternoon found us at Mandie's house for a princess tea party - all the little girls dressed up in their princess dresses, ate fancy snacks, and drank juice from plastic champagne glasses. Morgan played really well with the other girls that afternoon, for which I was grateful. She hasn't yet mastered the art of playing "with" other people; she's better at playing "around" them. The moms had a chance to chat and get out of the house so it was a win-win!

Traditionally, Chadwick and I haven't done much for each other for V-Day, and this year was no exception. A nice dinner with a candle on the table, cookies for dessert, and I made a cute card for Morgan. I'm getting ideas on things to do for the girlies for this love holdiay. Gotta love friends and Pinterest for that!! And yes, I was able to make a heart shape in Morgan's hair. Super proud of myself for that one. =)






With that out of the way, Morgan started talking more frequently about her upcoming birthday. We started practicing the number three.....

2 comments:

Jen said...

Holy cuteness! Mallorie and Morgan look so much alike!

Beth said...

Cute "heart" do.
Funny about cleaning up twice.