She was given the name of Abbie and graced our house during the pre-Christmas season. It was a hit! From hiding in the girls' room to hinting at painting fingernails and making cookies, she was all over the house. And fun for me, I might add. Morgan had a blast opening presents, squealed at her toys, and has had a hard time sharing them with an ever-intrusive little sister. It was the year of horse toys for us! And a Calico Critter house, which I am excited to play with as soon as possible.
For her part, Mallorie was content to play with the first toy she unwrapped and had no interest in pursuing the other gifts. She continues to make us laugh each day with her antics and sparkling smile. And no, she has not quite grown into her many teeth. In addition to a few horses, she received a stuffed animal and shopping cart among other things.
Each Christmas Eve for as long as I've been alive, my family makes and eats the same, Swedish inspired foods - ham, meatballs, potato sausage, baked beans, deviled eggs, rolls, hardtack, cheese, lignonberries, pickled or creamy herring, and potatoes. YUM! Chadwick and I invited friends over to share in this tradition (minus the herring, as no one was going to partake) and we finished the evening at their house to watch some really bad BSU Bronco football. Christmas morning was all wrapping paper and a good breakfast with the remainder of the day spent at Nancy and Steve's house with James, Jolynn, and their two children.
Overall, a lovely time together with friends and family.
One of our first snowfalls of the year. This picture looks remarkably like one I took of Morgan when she was just a few months younger. The next shot is of my two girls with Max, Deagan, and Presley who live in the duplex next door.
| Mallorie was not impressed with Santa... |
2 comments:
Mallorie is not the first child to not be impressed with Santa. Maybe next year? I love hearing about your Christmas traditions.
Nancy
Oh my gosh! Love the pics but laughed so hard about Mallorie and Santa! That is a classic shot! I'm going to stop writing this and call you! So much to catch up on!
Post a Comment