I stood on the front porch this evening after the girls had gone to bed and the house was finally quiet. A light breeze blew across my face and the pleasant sound of birds bustling in the trees filled my ears. The smells of spring and fresh cut grass was everywhere. I soaked up the sweet feeling of peace that moved slowly from my head to my toes.
Since moving here in February, I have had several moments where I just feel like this is the right place for us to be at this time. I am finally figuring out the chaos of two young children, the balance that comes with work and family, and accepting the hours of Chadwick's job. My exercise routine has been consistent this last month and my eating habits are improving.
I love this change from the feelings of sadness, stress, and blues that have followed my every move from Mallorie's birth to this last Christmas. My emotional health has blossomed since this time last year, and though I would not enjoy a repetition of that journey, there have been many tools placed into my toolbox which will allow me to face future changes with greater ease. Change is not an easy thing for me, and I am grateful to have found people and management ideas that I can apply to my life. There have been bumps in the road, as such is life, but my ability (or lack thereof) to handle those bumps doesn't leave my sweet family reeling from my emotional outbursts. We are all in a better place because of the changes I've been able to make.
It's good to feel at peace. And I pray that it will last.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is beautiful, Julie. I love you! Nancy
Well Said!
Post a Comment