Saturday, January 17, 2015

Future Obstetrician?

There has been more talk in our household of babies as my mid-section continues to expand and I find books at the library about expectant mommies and children. Not surprisingly, the girls have been playing more mom-and-baby and I wasn't surprised when Mallorie asked me to help her place her stuffed Rainbow Dash pony under her shirt. It made a nice little baby bump under her outfit.

What did surprise me, however, was peeking around the corner of the kitchen into the living room upon hearing Morgan say, "Okay, Mallorie, lay down on the couch." Mallorie had positioned herself on her back on the couch and Morgan was lost under her pink dress, emerging moments later with a newly delivered pony in hand. I had to get back to the stove to avoid burning dinner, but I overheard them talking about placing the new baby in a blanket and whispering in hushed voices to avoid waking her.

As far as I tell, neither of the girls have witnessed the birth of a baby in a book or television. To the logical mind, it must have made sense to have Mallorie on the couch to allow Morgan the opportunity to easily remove Rainbow Dash from under the shirt....still....where do they learn these things??

No comments: