Sunday, February 8, 2015

Oh, the Things They Say

I've been trying to keep track of the interesting things that the girls say and, unfortunately, I'm not keeping up very well! Morgan's power of observation is fantastic and as Mallorie's vocabulary has continued to expand she is continually saying something funny.

Before Christmas, Morgan was asking how Santa was going to get into the house since we don't have a fireplace anymore. I said that he may go through the window. "But, what about the screen?" was her response. Uh, I didn't have an answer to that and said maybe we could just leave the front door unlocked. What four-year-old thinks about having to move the screen before one could enter the house from outside through a window??

Mallorie loves to snuggle after she wakes up in the morning. She chatters about anything and nothing, and recently she has been calling herself (and Morgan and I) by the names of different princesses - Elsa, Anna, Belle, Ariel. One morning, she was talking about being a princess in her purple pjs. It was time to get up and I mentioned needing to change her royal bottom in an attempt to stick with the theme. "I not have a royal bottom!" she exclaimed. "I have a normal bottom."

I have a tendency to call Mallorie "turbo" at random times. She used to tell me that she wasn't turbo, she was Mallorie. One afternoon, I called Morgan "turbo." Mallorie, who was sitting at the kitchen table, piped up from the background and said, "No! I turbo!" I guess she doesn't mind...

When we leave Steve and Nancy's house, Steve and the girls go back and forth with funny good-byes. Examples include "see ya later, alligator," "after a while crocodile," and "pretty soon, baboon." Morgan and Steve have gotten quite quick at throwing those back and forth. Chadwick has jumped onto the bandwagon, especially at night while walking out of the bedroom. "Good day, mana-ray," is one of his contributions to the tirade. Mallorie has recently started to join the banter, though her favorite line is "Good night, robot!" Which is then followed by a series of giggles.

I was preparing to head to New Mexico for a weekend trip alone recently. While washing dishes, Morgan came up next to me and made the observation that it would be easier if I took one of the daughters on the plane at a time. "You could take me and leave Mallorie. Or you could take Mallorie and leave me with Dad." Yes, that is a good point. She had informed me several months ago that if we ever do go back to Albuquerque, we should fly as driving takes too long. Yes, yes it does....

The heel of my dress shoes are "handles."

I'm sure the list continues. I'll post more as they come out of the mouths of babes. =)

No comments: