There are words and phrases I find myself saying or hearing multiple times daily. Sometimes multiple times per hour. Things like:
"Focus!"
"Gentle, Spencer!"
"Please turn on the princess stories/Amelia Bedelia."
"I'm going upstairs to get a piece of paper."
"What are you supposed to be doing?"
"Can I say the prayer?"
"Please don't throw _____!"
"No la boca, Bubbas."
"Can you please print off a princess/house/koala/dinosaur for me to color?"
"In or out, kitty?"
"Time to climb off the table" or "Come out of the pantry."
"How do you spell _____?"
"Can I watch a movie? A regular movie?"
"Have you done your homework/brushed your teeth/put on your pj's?"
I'm sure this list will continue to grow and change as the children get older and the requests more complex. I love hearing many of those things from their sweet little voices. And I totally sound like a broken record most days, especially after school. I'm reading Positive Discipline A-Z and it suggested that parents who talk too much have children who don't listen well.
Food for thought. Perhaps I can learn not to re-pete so often.
No comments:
Post a Comment