His vocabulary has greatly expanded over the last few months and he jabbers constantly. When it's quiet, I can often find him in the living room, reading a book to himself in whispers. His index finger constantly points to the things he sees and wants to know about.
- Mama - at first this word was reserved for me. Now it pretty much applies to anyone in his field of view for whom he has affection. Or whose attention he desires.
- downstairs
- "woo-woo: - with the guttural tone of a growl - dog
- "eh, eh!" - his way of getting your attention when he wants something
- "ooh, ooh" - moo
- mane - plane
- bup - up
- bup-bup - water bottle, usually
- car
- peas - please, not vocalized often. Normally done via sign language.
- "ow, ow" - meow, said softly
- bye-bye - said with a question mark at the end, tone rising on the second word
- "sss" - like the hiss of a snake - book. One of the first books he enjoyed had a snake, and I have a feeling that's where he created his word. It's stuck so far.
It makes me giggle to watch him run, full speed ahead, his feet floating awkwardly. I love watching the joy on his face as he feels the movement of his body.
He entertains himself well for short periods of time and without fancy toys. Who knew shoes and a toilet could be so fun?And if he's not asleep or reading, he's moving. Or building. Or wrecking. Gleefully.
We are grateful to have this boy in our lives. I am thankful for what we can learn from him. And I can't wait to see what he does as he grows.
No comments:
Post a Comment