Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Trim

During an evening sweep of the kitchen (a nightly ritual), I noted a chunk of brown material on the floor under one of the bar stools. It didn't look like paper and there was too much to be dog hair....yet it looked like hair...

It was. Light brown, a slight curl on the end when held. Only one head in this house grows that kind of hair! I asked Mallorie the next morning if she had cut her hair the afternoon before. She thought for a moment, and I could see the wheels turning as if to decide what to tell me. Finally deciding on the truth, she smiled and said "yes!" I asked her why and she, of course, had no answer. We then had a short discussion on the appropriate place to use scissors, which in this house is on paper.

Chadwick had to look for the spot on her head where it was trimmed - right in the back, a small section she was able to grab from her ponytail. Morgan never attempted any such thing. Must be a second child activity....one day I'll get around to taking her in for an official haircut to blend the ends a bit better. Luckily, that little bit of curl hides most imperfections and no one is the wiser!

No comments: