The weather is warming up and spirits are rising across the Valley. We've been doing most of the normal stuff - playing at the library during Morgan's music class.
Building with blocks inside. Lining up trucks and cars on the coffee table (I'm so glad we got rid of our other, less sturdy table as that is what Spencer uses to play each day!). Creating houses and tents for dolls and stuffed animals.
Riding bikes around the neighborhood - both girls are doing so well on their bikes! I can't wait to get onto the Green Belt as the sun continues to shine. And hitting the park for the first time this year. I got off work early on Friday and took the kids to Redwood to play outside for a bit. Their coats came off soon after these photos were obtained.
Track break begins tomorrow and while we have no specific plans, Morgan is excited to have the mornings off the hurried routine. I'm thinking we should make a bucket list so that we do something while we have the chance....
Spencer's vocabulary continues to expand. He points out every car, truck, and plane in sight, loves to read books, watch movies, and play with cars. He says "torry" when anyone, including himself, says ouch, gives a curt "kanks" when handed something he wants. A good little eater, Spencer loves milk, cheese, yogurt, bread, fruit, mac and cheese, hamburger and hot dog, oatmeal, raisins, carrots, and pasta of any kind.
Mallorie is going to be our watchdog. This morning, I overheard her talking to her dad as he was braiding her hair before church. "Dad, Spencer can NOT wear that to church! He needs a white shirt! That isn't okay." She must have repeated this several times. It should be noted that I was the one who dressed my little man in blue dockers and a plaid yellow and blue button up shirt. Apparently, it's not appropriate....I thought he looked nice!
Morgan's skills in the kitchen are expanding. She's becoming proficient at making oatmeal in the morning, makes her lunch for school every day, and learned how to make macaroni and cheese this afternoon. She continues to be a good helper with her siblings, loves to read, and is a great student.
I love this little family of mine and am so blessed to have these souls in my life! It's good to sit back and listen to the sounds of the kiddos playing and laughing in the room next door, to watch them interact with one another, and to learn the ways of life.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment