I can't believe this little man is two! Spencer has been a surprise in so many ways - his arrival was so much faster than expected (or planned), he is ALL boy and throws me curve balls daily, his laugh is contagious, and he is a little mini version of my sweet husband. He still adores his sisters, though "Allorie" is particularly a favorite in recent weeks. Not gonna lie, he has been a challenge the last month and a half....I'm guessing the two's have arrived. I've recently vacillated between wanting to wring his neck or smother him in kisses.
Tall and thin, he's becoming super speedy, loves to run and swing, repeats words fed to him by an adoring Mallorie, is obsessed with Lightening McQueen and the movie Cars, loves dinosaurs and anything to do with cars/trucks, and has an ever-expanding vocabulary. His blue eyes are still framed by amazing eyelashes and miss nothing in his world. I'm often asked to lift him up so he can look out the window. He chases after birds with his hands out saying, "hold it," exclaims "oh, cute" when something tickles his fancy, and his latest word is "um." Coloring and lining up his trucks are still favorite activities. He's destroyed more toys and books than the girls combined, launches off the furniture and stairs, and gives the best hugs. His current favorite song before bedtime is "Hallelujah." Before that, he always asked me for "I am a Child of God," "Twinkle twinkle," or "Row Your Boat." Yellow, red, blue, and orange are colors identified easily and he will often count up to four, which is maddening when I'm counting to three in an attempt to encourage him to comply with a request. Lately, he's been grinning and running the other direction (diving under his bed, hiding behind clothes in the closet, across the yard, through the parking lot).
We put a candle in his peanut butter sandwich on his birthday and sang. The candle was blown out before we completed the song!

And now, when he sees a candle, he happily hollers "Birday! Birday!" Cars, a car rug, and an orange Texas hat were part of the birthday gifts.
And now, when he sees a candle, he happily hollers "Birday! Birday!" Cars, a car rug, and an orange Texas hat were part of the birthday gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment