Mallorie has been dying to move out of her five-point harness carseat for about six months....and I told her that she could make the switch when she turned five. The time arrived and she was able to help me pick out the new carseat. While running errands the next day, she promptly tried it out for a nap. She's loving the freedom the seat provides to be able to buckle and in-buckle herself. Ah, the little things in life.
Last ride and first ride.
Chadwick and Stephen had a birthday earlier last month - my hubs is the younger of the twins by 7 minutes. We had a low-key celebration for him at home that day with a nice breakfast, Morgan decorated his chair, and I managed to get the two of us out for a date night dinner at McGrath's. While he went to the bathroom, I let the waiter know it was his birthday and they happily brought out a ridiculous fish hat and sang. He was slightly mortified. Totally made my night! I post a lot about the kids and random events in life but seldom take the time to mention my sweet husband. He is hard-working to a fault (sometimes); dedicated to his calling, family, and work; has the ability to come home from the clinic and jump into a wrestling match with the dog and/or the kiddos; is artistic and handy around the house; makes me smile; and pushes me to be a better person and wife. I'm lucky to stand by his side in this ride we call life.The last weekend of the month found us in the den watching the bi-annual General Conference for the LDS church. It's a time to listen to and learn from latter-day apostles and leaders of this church, to find answers to questions and time to come together as a family and feel the Spirit. Truth be told, I sometimes wonder how much we really get out of that time, especially with small children in the house. However, I have found that I can always catch a gem or two in between the chaos. This year, we tried something new and busted out the Legos. Our good friends the Taylors spend conference weekends Legoeing and it was a hit! Hands are kept busy, mouths are more quiet, and it helps the adults not fall asleep which is a total bonus. I'm hooked. Other conference traditions include pancakes for breakfast, an outing during priesthood session (we hit up the park and Krispy Kreme this year), and having a family over for dinner Sunday evening. The Ortons joined us this go-round. I'm usually feeling cross-eyed by the time the weekend is done but the time to be spiritually fed is worth the time on the couch.
Now to snag a picture of Mallorie before preschool one morning and I'll be officially caught up. On last month's adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment