Friday, May 31, 2019

A Moment

Several days ago, Mallorie came into the bathroom I was attempting to clean with dirt on her nose and giant alligator tears. She'd fallen, face-first, onto the grass from her little bar hanging in the willow tree and was feeling sad about the whole experience. (Spencer, I might add, solemnly followed her up the stairs and proclaimed that he had nothing to do with this fall. He's been in trouble recently for his part in tears shed by this older sister.)

We got the dirt off her nose, dried her tears, and as I sat snuggling her for a moment, I had this feeling of peace. Confirmation that I made the right decision April 2018 to walk away from practicing as a veterinarian to stay home full time with my little circus. I want to be the one kissing boo-boos and wiping dirt off faces. I want to be the one providing snuggles for tears and snuggles for joy. And thankfully, I can.

It was a lovely moment.

Look Mom - I'm a librarian!

No comments: