But first - kindergarten graduation! With the best songs.
| I love that she wants to be a Mom. Her future children are already lucky. |
| BFF Macie |
Swimming lessons at the Nampa Y are always great - the kids have lessons at the same time, it's indoors which keeps us warmer in the mid-June mornings, and they love it. Both girls graduated from their respective levels and Spencer made good headway to mastering the list of checks required to move up.
Chadwick "won" a paddleboard from a work holiday party and we were able to find a weekend to head up to Lucky Peak with the Wards for the day. We parked, canoed across the reservoir and spent the day eating, paddleboarding, and enjoying time away from the daily grind. Turns out, successfully working a paddleboard isn't super easy when standing on one's feet. I declined learning something new as I didn't want to end up in the water. I'm a wuss when it comes to being cold! Chadwick and the girls all loved it, and Darwin loved the idea of being with Chadwick, even if he didn't love the rest of the experience....
Chadwick stayed the night as the young men were heading up to work on their water safety badges. That water was cold and I didn't envy the youth having to swim a mile Saturday morning....though it didn't stop the kids or dogs from jumping in! Darwin, of course, found a tree trunk to haul around for the afternoon and the Ward's Golden, Paisley, entertained herself by splashing water into the air and then trying to eat it. I think she's part fish. We love these friends and have made so many fun memories together with them over the last few years.
The girls were invited to a neighbor's house for crafts the first week they were off school. They loved the activities and the pie they brought home was delightful!
And, of course, the barn. I can't get enough of this view. Turns out, the people right behind us bought their house partly because they love their view of our red barn.
| My family out toiling in the garden, led by our fearless Master Gardner, Dad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment