Twenty-nine years ago yesterday, I was born in Albuquerque, NM in the midst of the balloon fiesta. Mom said she could see the balloons from her hospital window....My morning started out with a fabulous scrambled eggs, potatoes, and toast breakfast, made special by my wonderful husband. Work was super hectic; three of the six doctors were out of town for a mini-conference in Sun Valley, ID, leaving two of us in the clinic and one running around taking care of cut and sick horses. We were also short-staffed! Usually, our morning appointments end around 12:15.....yesterday we finally caught up with the morning at 1:00 pm. That left little time to eat, finish some things, and prepare for the afternoon appointments! But, as Dr. Kayla says, "We'll get it done." And we did, with most of our hair intact and not pulled out. We have a great staff! The pumpkin pie we had in the clinic for my birthday gave us some necessary sugar to power us through the day as well.
The flowers pictured above were a delivery gift from Chadwick - I love flowers! However, I hate the nickname "Julie Schmoolie," which is what was written on the card attached to said flowers. Chadwick came up with the nickname early in our relationship when we were coming up with pet names for one another. Luckily, I don't hear it very often! =)
After work, we went out to the Cheesecake Factory with my in-laws for dinner. Lots of garlic in that food! We rolled out of there with leftovers in our hands. Overall, not a bad day. And I got lots of phone calls from family and friends. I'm lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life!!
No comments:
Post a Comment