Saturday, October 3, 2009

Life Updates

These last several weeks have been busy! Not so much with work, but life.

After much debate, thought, and conversation, Chadwick decided that he was no longer going to pursue veterinary specialty and instead learn the art of being a general practitioner. Now we're able to focus on a new direction....where ever that may lead! We can go anywhere and do anything at this point, so we're tossing around some ideas. We'll keep ya posted.

Second, my mom and step-dad Mark came up to Boise last weekend for a visit. Mark has never seen our house or clinics, and mom wanted to know what her pregnant daughter looked like. (Side note: once you get pregnant, fewer people are concerned about your welfare, only that of the child. I think this will continue to get worse after the baby is born. Huh.) We went up to the Hunt family cabin Friday night and the boys went fishing on the Middle Fork of the Payette Saturday for a few hours. They were successful, though Chadwick kept only one fish.
During this time, Mom and I walked, talked, and relaxed. The weather was great and the bugs minimal, so we had a good time. Saturday evening, we attended "A Tuna Christmas" which was put on by the Idaho Shakespeare Festival - it's an outdoor theater with lawn seating and an amazing venue! You can bring your own picnic dinner and drinks....we didn't know that food and photos were okay until we got there. I'll take a picture next time. Sunday was relaxing and dinner with the Hunts. All-in-all, a great time.

I am officially in the 'tweener stage of pregnancy - my regular jeans no longer fit in the mid-section (though thankfully my rear end still fits fine) and my maternity jeans Mom bought left me with a saggy bottom all day at work because they are a smidge too large. Give it a week and they'll fit better. This is me at 17-18 weeks:

To end, my thoughts are with the Pullman crew with whom we shared many between-Conference session meals - Ryan, Holly, Hayley, Milo, Chad, Jessica, Todd, Hannah, Mike, Jen, Anne, and Liz. I miss you guys!

3 comments:

Steve and Nancy said...

Great pictures! thanks for sharing.
Steve and I are split on our vote for the babies gender. He says boy, I say girl. One of us will be right! Nana told me she thinks you have a boy coming. We are also voting that you settle somewhere close by - but don't let that influence your decision. We want whatever is best for you and Chad. We love you. Mom Hunt

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Chad and I think it has to be a girl, cause all the Vets/vet students have girls first right!!!
Can't wait to hear where your plans are going to take you! I hope your feeling great with pregnancy Jules!! It's worth! Can't wait for yo guys!

Hayley said...

I'm going with a boy- and you look so darn cute! hayley