Chadwick and I both had to work a half day yesterday, so we decided to add a little flair for the holiday. He wore his black afro wig with his white coat and I squeezed into an old camo suit from his marine corps days. I say squeeze because, when the pants were pulled up all the way, I couldn't button the top button; my belly is bigger than his!!

For dinner that night, we had eyeballs, witch's stew, bones, brains, and a delightful artichoke-parmesean dip. To be washed down with a blood drink (not pictured).
Last weekend I spent about 4 days in Washington DC with my best friend from college, Dessa, and her boyfriend, Victor. We've been trying to plan a weekend together for many years and finally got it together. We were rained on Saturday and Tuesday (when I left) and had perfect weather Sunday and Monday. We managed to fit a lot into those days without going crazy. Following is a few pictures from the trip:

Dessa in her little apartment in Du Pont Circle.
Chadwick's good friend, Phil and his wife, Melanie, at the National Arboretum. They live in DC with their baby boy and we were able to meet up for a while!
Sunday morning was spent walking through the giant National Zoo. We were there for several hours and still didn't see all of the exhibits! The weather was perfect and the trees turning colors. We saw cheetas, an elephant, panda, mom and baby gorilla, the biggest crab ever, and several displays of pumpkin people and skeletons doing various activites (like playing pool).

One of our favorite animals was this little muskrat. If you click on the picture to make it big, look at the little guy on the far right. In his hands you can just make out two little pebbles. He had one in each paw, laying on his back, and was juggling those pebbles! When one would drop, he'd pick it back up and continue his show. It was hysterical! He finally lost one of the rocks, searched frantically for several seconds, than gave up and proceeded to wake up the rest of his family since his source of entertainment was missing. Cute!
We went on a night tour of the memorials - FDR, Lincoln, Washington Monument, WWII, and Korean. Most of my pictures didn't turn out for lack of a tri-pod, but this is one from the WWII Memorial. At each end is a half-circle with pillars listing the names of all 50 states and several US territories. The center has the large fountain. It was very impressive.Dessa and I spent Monday wandering around a few of the museums and the mall area. Behind us is the Capital building.
Such a fun trip!!
3 comments:
what a fun trip! I am sure it was great to get together again. Your trip on the pumpkin express sounds fun too!
Thanks for showing the picture of the WWII monument! I have wondered what it looked like. It's so beautiful. Dessa looks good. Is the young man standing with her in the zoo her boyfriend? He looks nice. Nancy
You are looking so blasted pregnant cute- we need to get together. I'll send you a card for christmas, I'm assuming your still at your address on Camas st.
Post a Comment