Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December?!

Where has the time gone?? I know where October went, but November and most of December have come and gone without me knowing where exactly the days have gone.

The quickie version of what we have been up to: Julie's dad came up for the week of Thanksgiving - we relaxed, ate lots of turkey, and I put the guys to work stripping wallpaper and painting the room where baby will live after birth. The final product looks amazing!









For our Christmas present, Dad bought us a live tree! I was so excited; I haven't had a real tree since leaving for college. Turns out dorm and apartment life aren't conducive to the real deal. We were on the way home from the gym and saw the tree stand...I was driving the Echo so we strapped the little tree into the trunk and home we went! During that we we also had the chance to spend time with some good friends from our Pullman days, Jessica, her baby, and husband Chad. She gave me some pointers on being a new mom and we got a kick out of watching Cleo try and figure out what exactly a baby was all about. She wasn't real impressed with the baby herself, but thought the rattle toys were pretty nifty. Here is our little tree, and Cleo hiding underneath.


I made a trip to busy Las Vegas at the beginning of December to attend the American Association of Equine Practitioners conference - some of the seminars were great, I got to see old friends, and I now remember why I am glad not to be in school anymore (sitting in lectures all day can be so boring!). In addition to the several thousand of us horse vets, there were 27,000 marathon runners plus additional supporters, two other conferences, and the National Finals Rodeo crowd in town. It was a crowded place!!

And as a baby gender update - we have done several "old wives" tests to determine the gender of Baby Hunt....so far we're running 8 for a boy, 7 for a girl. It's a close race! Just to remind everyone, we are accepting guesses through February! Overall, it seems split as to whether people think boy or girl. Only time will tell! My latest profile last week at 28 weeks:

We're staying put for the holidays this year. We hope that everyone has a great Christmas and a happy new year!

2 comments:

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Yeah, thanks for the reminder of the great times!! I can't wait to meet your new addition!!

Steve and Nancy said...

We loved being able to share your Christmas with you!