
Several weeks ago I had the pleasure of spending a girly weekend with my Mom - she flew in Thursday night and left Monday morning. In between, we shopped until we dropped, attended a wonderful baby shower thrown by my co-workers, and had laughed until our sides hurt. Every morning and at least once during the day, Mom would stop, look at my belly and exclaim, "You look so pregnant!" Uh, I am....
This is a photo of the table centerpiece at the shower - Carley is super creative and now we have diapers and a fuzzy, green frog!
Unfortunately, so much running around wore me out and I came down with a head cold shortly after Mom left....which I have been battling since. Last week was the worst and I'm getting over it. I have not been able to taste my food for many days due to nose congestion; I tease Chadwick that since this pregnancy has taken my ability to sleep well at night (which I love to do) my other joy was eating. That, too, has been diminished because what's the fun if you can't taste the flavor?? He pointed out that he should be one of my joys in life and that all is not lost. He's right!!

This afternoon my joy and I spent a long time cutting tags off baby items and getting the nursery organized. It now looks like a functional room instead of this chaos.
I am 35 weeks and going strong. We're looking forward to being parents and Chadwick has been such a help in getting through my round-ness. We still don't have a clearer idea of the gender of the baby based on dreams and wives-tales. We'll just have to wait and see!
2 comments:
So cute. Now I have a better idea for your night light!
So fun to get everything ready and settled.....and so exciting!! Good luck as you get closer to the end.
Post a Comment