This is a picture of the glider chair we placed in the corner of the nursery so I can have a place to sit while nursing. We call it my throne because I seem to spend a lot of time there. Sitting, rocking, sometimes sleeping (and waking with a kink in my neck), thinking, singing, reading, eating, and laughing at the cat when she consents to grace us with her feline presence. My throne is covered in blankets to try and minimize damage to the fabric from the wayward spray of....anything really. There are occasions I'll be nursing when Chadwick leaves and I'll be back in the chair at the time he returns. At times I think he thinks I spend all my days there, especially when I don't get in a shower before 2 pm, the dishes are still piled by the sink, and the laundry never made it into the dryer from the washer. And at times I feel like I never leave the chair or nursery....Here is the reason for my never leaving the chair:


3 comments:
Laughed hardly, thank you for posting. It looks like a comfy throne. And amen to the baggage that comes with any outing. The other day Milo came home and said: Do you want to come(Idont even remember where) then he said I've got to go in 5 minutes. I just laughed and asked are you still in Pre-kid? We don't do 5 minutes anymore it's a good 1/2 hour before we'll be ready for an outing! Keep posting- she is beautiful!really- she is pretty.
Oh my gosh, I totally know how you feel!! We had a painting in our room and I felt like I sat in the recliner and stared at that painting for so many hours I was going to drive myself crazy! You are not alone. I always wanted to know how to make it happen that I could read while I nursed. I am kind of a 2 hand nurser, so hands free is not an option. Falling asleep and waking up with a kinked neck is the worst! I did that a lot too.
She is adorable you guys!!
It gets easier. :) You will get things done again. I promise!
Post a Comment