Monday, March 15, 2010

Two Weeks of Learning

It's been 17 days, to be exact, since Morgan was brought into our family. We went from two and a cat....

This is us the morning of the c-section. Unlike some births, we sauntered to the car, had everything well packed, and mosey-ed to the hospital to check-in. Some would call this cheating, but I think they are jealous.




...to three and a cat.

The big day - we brought home our little Morgan! Yes, I was able to stand up straight two days after surgery, but barely and slowly. I'm happy to say that I'm pretty much back to normal minus a tender lower belly. No more waddling!




Things we have learned these last weeks from Morgan: patience, service, love, and sacrifice.

Things Cleo has learned: I am still the princess, they don't feed me as quickly in the mornings as they used to, there is more stuff to jump on, and the thing in the carrier makes funny noises.

We were blessed to have my mom with us the first week after Morgan was born and my step-dad Mark came up for a few days for a visit as well. Friends and family have cared for us this last week, spoiling us with visits and delicious meals. I haven't cooked in so long I might have forgotten how!

Every day is a new routine! And who knew that you could be so tired?? Chadwick is back at work and I'm taking a few months off before returning part-time. We're learning to be a little family, one day at a time. Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, phone calls, and visits. They have made the transition much easier!





1 comment:

Tara H said...

SO GLAD YOU POSTED PICS! Holy canoli, that stomach looked like it HURT sister. I would love to talk again, you made ME laugh so much. Wish we were there . . . .