Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Princess Undies: Part II

Since the start of potty training last week, Morgan has done GREAT! We've had no accidents to speak of (minus the slightly wet undies this morning when Chadwick forgot to have her go after the long night) and she's been mostly without diapers. I think she's got it!

Funny story - Thursday she told me that she needed to go potty so we sat there, and sat there, and sat some more. Sometimes she just doesn't have to go when I have her try, so I was all set to let her off the toilet to try again later. She kept insisting that she needed to go and I finally left her on the toilet alone for a few minutes (standing in the hallway). Not too long after, she mentioned something about a pinecone. "You want a pinecone?" I asked. "No," she responded. I walked back into the bathroom and found that she had successfully pooped in the toilet...and called it a pinecone! Two ecstatic M&Ms later, she was off for the rest of her afternoon activities. I told Chadwick about the incident and we laughed it off. However, the Marine and/or male in him started referring to the act as "dropping a pinecone." Sunday, she pooped once again in the toilet and when I asked if she had pooped a pinecone, she seriously responded, "No, I dropped one."

Thanks, honey. *note of sarcasm dripping from the keys*

She has also started having us not come into the bathroom with her. "Stay out mom" or "go on mom" is what I hear. Such an independent little spirit. She is turning into such a bright and beautiful little girl and I am so blessed to be her mom!

1 comment:

Jen said...

haha the pinecone this is hilarious...there is something from mikes mission that refers to peeing as "casting out a spider"...we'll have to see if he teachers it to rose.