For several months now, Morgan has been going to the bathroom in either her little froggy toilet, or more recently, on the big toilet. When asked if she needs/wants to go potty, she will sometimes say yes and run away to the bathroom, and sometimes say "no no no Mama!" And you can't change her mind. With my belly becoming more round by the week, I'd like to start pushing a little harder to see if she can grasp the whole potty-training thing before her little sister is born.
I bought some princess underwear several weeks ago, and yesterday I busted them out for the first time. She was super excited to be wearing them and refused pants for the entire morning so she could look and feel them. So funny! I loaded her up with juice and we had a morning of together time. Unfortunately, watching Sesame Street was too much of a distraction and she wet through Undies #1 of the morning. No biggie...on goes another pair, into the wash goes the wet undies and towel she was sitting on. We continued to play in the house and I sent her outside while I made lunch. Several minutes later, she was in "concentration mode" which we all recognize in our children immediately. She consented to pooping on the toilet.....but she had already gone in the undies. So much for Undies #2. And may I say that poopy undies are way worse than smeared, poopy diapers?? On go another pair.
She made it through her afternoon nap without a problem, but we didn't quite make it to the bathroom quickly enough after she woke up. Poor girl was mortified when she started urinating in her pants on the way to the toilet! Into the wash go Undies #3 and Pants #1. I also started a sticker chart and told her that when she got a whole row of stickers filled, we'd get her a treat. Off to the dollar store to pick out a puzzle. Made it home without a wet bottom until on the way to the bathroom again. This time she had a minor meltdown and wanted diapers put on instead of Undies #4 and Pants #3. Okay! It was a good start to the potty training sessions to follow. She didn't wet her diaper the rest of the evening and asked to go potty several times between dinner and bedtime.
This may be a long haul....
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment