Friday, November 9, 2012

Catching Up on Cuteness

You know you've been texting too much when you wait for the mis-spelled or incomplete words to fix themselves when you hit the space bar.....and a good friend admitted to being on Facebook too long when he found himself looking for the "like" button on an email I'd sent him. Ha!

Halloween was a blur - I opted to nap rather than get us ready for the Trunk or Treat and we missed the social hour. The treating itself was a whirlwind of kids running through the parking lot and then everyone was gone! Morgan, Mallorie, and I were cats. Chadwick was a cowboy. One year soon the girls are going to care about costumes and candy.....


Mallorie is growing up so quickly! Last night I found her staring intently at her hands, slowly moving them around in front of her face with the cutest expression playing at her lips. She smiles readily at Morgan, will coo for me when she's hungry, and enjoys being propped up on the couch or chair to watch the action. And she's been sleeping like a champ at night! Morgan adores her.

And here are a few other random pictures. Morgan with her drawing of herself (the big one) and Mallorie (the smaller picture in the lower right corner). And she helped me make brownies one evening and had a ball licking the spoon. I joined the fun!
So Morgan likes to watch a PBS show entitled "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood." I find it annoying but she seems to get a kick out of it. And the moral of the stories are usually good. One of the episodes has Daniel and his friend upset about something in life not going well and they were mad. Daniel's mom sings this little song about taking a deep breath and counting to four to help calm yourself. Morgan likes this song and will have me sing it to her when she's upset with her blocks. Well, the other day I was upset about something. She asked if I was mad, and when I replied "yes" she sweetly informed me that I should take a deep breath and count to four. "Sing that song, Mom!" When I told Chadwick about the incident, he about fell off the couch laughing! I guess someone is going to help me with my temper....good deal!!

1 comment:

Steve and Nancy said...

We learn so much from our children.
I'd like to hear the "Count to Four" song. Nancy