Morgan had a good foundation going into kindergarten and once told her Grandma Nancy, "School is okay. I already know everything." Apparently it wasn't in a bragging sort of tone, more of a matter-of-fact kind of statement. Her reading improved immensely as did her penmanship. She is able to comprehend what she reads (or hears), doesn't love math, loves to draw and create her own stories. Her behavior in the classroom earned her several Bear Hugs for listening ears, quiet feet, and quiet voice as well as the school-wide ROAR achievement.
While her enthusiasm for first grade has not diminished over the excitement of summer break, she tells me that she's looking forward to being able to sleep in and not have to move, move, move to get to school each day. My child in so many ways!
Way to go, Magoo! We are so proud of your accomplishment!
| Celebration bouquet, gathered by Morgan and Amber from our yard |
As Mrs. Leach reminded us parents - "Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten."
No comments:
Post a Comment