Sunday, July 10, 2016

When I Said "I Do"

Twelve years ago, I met the man I was to marry for the first time. Ten years ago, we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Albuquerque New Mexico Temple. Eight years ago found us walking across the stage one after the other to receive a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Six years ago we purchased our first house(a duplex), welcomed a daughter to our family, and adopted a dog. Four (almost) years ago we welcomed our second daughter to our home. Two years ago, we purchased a single family home at the edge of town in a lovely little neighborhood.
Today, we find ourselves the parents of three children, one cat, one dog, and have plans in place for sheep and chickens. We have laughed during the good times, cried at other moments, and made the most of what has been handed to us in between. Because of this man I married, I strive to become a better wife, mom, and person. His love endures through my imperfections, our "discussions" (we don't argue), and brings me peace during the stressful moments. I cherish and crave his embrace and adore watching him interact with our young children. His smile lights up a room and those piercing blue eyes miss very little.
To celebrate this milestone, we treated ourselves to dinner at Chandler's Steakhouse and a showing of "And Then There Were None" at the Idaho Shakespeare Festival. One of the best parts? Arriving 10 minutes early for our 5:30 pm dinner reservation - that never happens! Neither of us had ever eaten and Chandler's and it was certainly a fine dining experience. Each table was an island of light in the dim surroundings. Covered in a pristine white table cloth, we we took no time in staining, the table was set perfectly. The music was loud enough to be present yet allowed for quiet conversation. And, as presentation of the food is everything (according to my dear husband), this meal was not lacking. The waiter learned that it was our anniversary and brought us the house special for dessert - a double chocolate cake of sorts that was amazing. Its richness made me miss a good cup of coffee.
Crab cakes and bread for the appetizer

Filet mignon and halibut

He was mortified that I wanted to take pictures of the food. So I made him strike an embarrassed pose!
The weather cooperated perfectly for the show and we enjoyed the time together on the grass in the outdoor amphitheater. I have to admit that I wasn't particularly excited to see this drama by Agatha Christi and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Thank you, Chadwick, for accepting me, inspiring me, and loving me. We have come so far in the 10 years of our marriage and I can't wait to see where the next 10 lead us!

No comments: