Papa Steve took Mallorie with him as he worked with the horses the other afternoon. She spent quite a bit of time on DD by herself in the saddle with Steve leading her around the corral. When he complimented her on her work, telling her she was doing great as a cowgirl, Mallorie was silent for a moment. Then she asked (and I can imagine the furrowed eyebrows and look on her face), "Papa, why are you calling me a cowgirl if I'm riding a horse??"
Corrected and laughing, Steve replied that she was more of a caballera than a cowgirl since she was, indeed, riding a horse.
I love the thought processes of young children. I love that she is catching onto the meaning of words and questioning the names behind them. I love that she enjoyed her riding lesson and that Steve is willing to spend time with her (and the other grandchildren) sharing his equine passion.
Saturday, August 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment