I had to post a few pictures of the funny things Spencer has been up to...every day brings surprises and new things. His vocabulary is growing like the weeds in our driveway, his comprehension is rapidly improving, and his opinions of what and how and when he wants things is becoming more pronounced.
He still obsessed with cars, trucks, bugs, balls, and doing puzzles. He has figured out that while I'm volunteering in Morgan's classroom, he is allowed time to play games on my iPhone. The current favorite is an app called "Endless ABC" where you place letters in the right location on the page and then funny little monsters act out the definition of the word. Despite his lack of years, Spencer has become quite adept at matching the letter to its outline. I'm impressed with his geometrical abilities.
And he loves to play with our "mouse house" as we have named this Calico Critter house. Mallorie sets up the furniture and tiny little pieces, and the moment she leaves the barstool, Spencer is retrieving the stool and climbing up to play. I adore the way his bottom lip sticks out a bit as he concentrates on moving the pieces around with his baby-fat fingers. Many times, there are cars within the house near the tables and small couch. A perfect mix of boy and the gentleness from having older sisters.
There is a drawer in the master bathroom that is home to all things random - extra toiletries, travel sized toothpaste, etc. A favorite activity while I'm getting ready for the day is to set out all of the items in the drawer. On the countertop. When I'm standing in his way, he pushes by with a "beep beep." Guess it's good to have inventory performed on the mass of stuff once in a while....
We have two friends whose daughters are both his age - Ginny and Luna. Ginny loves Spencer, or at least his name. Her mom tells me that Ginny is always asking for Spencer, wonders if it's "Pencer's Mom" on the phone. Spencer loves Luna, whose name is carefully pronounced as "Noo-na." On the way out the door to Ginny's two-year birthday party, he picked a daffodil from our front planter. I decided he could give it to Ginny....and he talked of nothing but Noo-na the whole way to the house. The sight of him, looking concerned, while giving the flower to this little friend cracked me up! If he's this nervous now to give a flower to a cute girl, how will it be when he's 16??
Lately, Spencer has been laying down with his hands folded behind his head. While having his diaper changed, in the car, and sitting on the couch. The other morning, I had him watching Sesame Street so I could hop in the shower. He climbed on the couch, demanded the Elsa "blank" and made himself comfortable while I turned on the show. Such a fun little man!
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment