Sunday, April 30, 2017

Easter

I like that my children are still young enough to want to hunt for eggs, to be excited about the baskets filled with goodies Easter morning, and that my brother-in-law is not too old to decorate a bunny cake. I also like that my children are learning the true meaning of Easter - which, by the way, is not the bunny or the candy or the goodies. (Another side note, the Easter bunny is not like Santa; there is no opportunity to leave a wish-list for goodies. Morgan tried.) This word collage pretty well sums it up for me:
Stephen and Tara were in town for the week prior to Easter, and as they had to head back to Seattle on Sunday, we got together with them and James and Jolynn for a early Easter dinner and egg hunt. I was worried about the weather, but it turned out to be a nice evening for finding eggs in the backyard. The dads and Jordynn were in charge of hiding the eggs, and Jordy specifically put some in the front yard for the little man. Spencer wasn't sure at first, but quickly caught on and was soon running all over the place like the big kids. The best part is sitting on the floor, emptying out eggs and checking out the "loot." Which is pretty much sugar in one form or another.
  
 
Dinner was straightforward, traditional, and delicious. The one tradition I make sure to organize is the annual bunny cake. James was kind enough to volunteer to do the honors, so I armed him with M&Ms and he set to work. Artistic skills run through the Hunt veins like normal blood does through mine.
 
 
And of course the family photos. Chadwick chose the area under the pine tree on the side of the house this year. It always amazes me that we can get a decent picture with the camera on the tri-pod. Even Darwin was sort of looking. I had to include the second photo as Chadwick was trying to get Spencer to look at the camera. Spencer was looking at Dad wondering why there was such a fuss. Love those boys of mine.
 
 
Morgan was not impressed that I wouldn't let her hold her new lamb, Cinnamon, in the group photo. She was placated by having an individual photo of them later.
 
Mallorie and Flitters. My mom was responsible for most of the goodies in the baskets this year (good teamwork by the bunny, if I do say so myself) and she found a stuffed butterfly. This particular toy has been on Mallorie's wish list since before Christmas. Score one for Grandma on that!!
Sunday was quiet reverence, lessons on the resurrection, and leftovers from the day before. The girls took turns hiding empty eggs around the house for each other and their brother. A good weekend, though strange without the presence of Steve and Nancy....

No comments: