Quick run down: Tuesday after Labor Day we had a family outing, dog included, to play at Lucky Peak in the park with a picnic. Sept 9 we celebrated Chadwick and Stephan's birthday with some amazing home-grilled salmon at the Hunts. Sept 11 was the ten year anniversary of 9/11, and Chadwick and I both agree that it doesn't feel that long since the destruction of the towers. As all the people interviewed on television and the radio, those are images and memories that will never be erased from my mind.
In Morgan-land, her vocabulary seems to be increasing weekly. From about 22 words at her 18-month birthday, she continues to add them, or parts of them, quickly! Yesterday she came up with "happy," though I'm not sure if that is "happy" of "hoppy" or some weird form of "apple." Time will tell! She has a tendency to combine many meanings into one word, so it may mean all of those things! For example, "da-do" can mean radio, music, piano, or dance.
Yesterday, the three of us went downtown to Art in the Park, a deal put on by the Boise Art Museum. They invite hundreds of vendors who sell art, crafts, jewelry, etc - there is some awesome talent around! And of course they have all the fair foods - lemonade, funnel cakes, elephant ears, corn dogs, frozen bananas dipped in chocolate...I could have spent the whole time eating! Lucky (or unlucky) for me, I married someone who is relatively immune to the effects of a funnel cake stand, so I settled for a lemonade and a walk around the park. http://www.boiseartmuseum.org/events/AIPinfo_general.php
Several weeks ago, Morgan discovered the joy of wearing olive rings....it must be ingrained into children that those little black things that adults eat make lovely jewelry. She didn't hold still real well, so pardon the blur. But you get the idea:
And this afternoon, I found her wearing my shoes, holding her blankie and the helium balloon I gave Chadwick for his birthday! She was so proud of herself, the little diva.
No comments:
Post a Comment