The year Chadwick and I got married, I started to train for a half marathon. I even made it up to running 10 consecutive miles (and was slightly concerned that at the end of that adventure my toes felt numb), which was by far the longest I've ever run at one time. We got married, which messed up my training schedule, it got back on track, then we got the announcement that a good friend from vet school was getting married and having his wedding receiption on the morning of my race. The reception was in Lava Hot Springs at his parent's ranch....and my race plans happily went out the window.
The goal of running a half marathon is still on my bucket list, and 2013 is the year.
Step 1: Decide to run 13.1 miles and cross the finish line. No time limits, on my hands and knees counts as finishing.
Step 2: Purchase a jogger stroller so my girlies can join me on this adventure.
For Christmas, my parents helped with this second step and we took her out for a spin. The stroller travels smoothly, but it's depressing how out of shape I feel while pushing the thing. Bonus for the longer runs, Chadwick can help push! He is planning on running a half in September.
Step 3: Find a race - looks like the Rush Creek Stampede at the end of October in Cambridge, ID
Now to start the real training.....wish me luck.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jules! I'm so glad you commented on our post! I sometimes forget to read my private blog friends blogs! I will have to go back and read yours posts (as I am about to make dinner) but I did read this one! I just did 10 miles on saturday! I can't believe myself! I finally feel like I am recovering...4 days later. I am doing a half on May 4th. I seriously cannot believe I can run as much as I am. Its shocking. You can do it girl!
ps NICE JOGGER! Thats the one we have ;)
Post a Comment