Monday, June 13, 2016

Cherries and More Cherries

Our cherry tree produced well this summer - Chadwick picked several gallons worth which we have happily been eating. And drying. And eating. Even Darwin will munch on them off the ground. It's such a pretty sight - hundreds of bright red clusters dispersed throughout the green of the leaves. I think it's more fun to eat the cherries off the tree than from the bucket inside.

We're hoping to have friends over tonight to pick the rest of the cherries left so that they, too, can enjoy the sweetness. We are tired of eating cherries!

Good thing the raspberries are coming on....

1 comment:

Jen said...

Julie! Look at you blogging! I RANDOMLY decided to check your blog tonight. I wish we could come join you for the cherries :). Spencer is a doll! Looks just like your girls and I'm very sorry to hear about your grandpa (and grandma-if I remember what i read a few posts back). I remember that you were close to him! Miss you guys. xoxo from CA